Cooling System Using Fiberglass Reinforcement Polymer (FRP) products
Besat Power Generating Plant
Besat Power generating plant with the capacity of producing 235 Megawatt is located in southern part of Tehran (The Capital of Iran). This old power generating plant went through a major overhaul recently and replacement of the old corroded carbon steel pipes which delivered water to cooling units was a part of this reconstruction. Faratec high quality GRP pipes was selected as the replacement for the corroded carbon steel piping system.
- Speed of installation was one major concerns in this overhaul. Excavation, dismantling the old carbon steel pipeline, and installation of the new GRP pipes took less than 20 days.
- The special shape of pipes connecting the feeding pumps to the main headers presented a challenge. Special shape GRP pipes had to be designed to tackle this problem.
- GRP fittings are normally fabricated using mitered sections. However because of constrains in job site and special conditions, most of the fitting were produced in one section.
- Some of old carbon steel piped were placed under the condensers structural foundations which made replacement of this damaged pipes impossible. These pipes were repaired using composite Resin/fiberglass matrix units
- Fiberglass pipes were joined to other sections of non GRP pipelines and auxiliary equipments by GRP flanges.
- Pipe material: Faratec GRP Pipe
- Maximum diameter: 1500 mm
- Pressure Class: 10 bar
- Stiffness Class: 5000 Pa
- Quantity: 500 meter
- Commissioning year:2011.
- Client: Besat Power Plant
- Installation Contractor: Farassan Man. & Ind. Company